Division: Operations, Electricity Division
Location: Slave Lake, AB
Salary: Starting rate is $54.38 per hour
Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We value and encourage different perspectives and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
Under the direction and leadership of the Supervisor, Operations this position is responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of the Transmission and Distribution system, equipment and company facilities in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures, the Alberta Utility Code and other regulatory requirements and will be expected to actively participate in setting and achieving personal and district goals. The position is also key in the delivery of superior customer service and maintaining positive customer relations. Work will also require assisting in the development of PLT Apprentice positions and other new employees.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do:
- Construct, operate, inspect and maintain overhead and underground power lines, substation and related apparatuses, and street lighting systems.
- Work on energized electrical circuits, including live line processes vital to perform work.
- Perform system switching, ensuring adherence to Electrical Operations Standards (EOS) and vital clearances/permits are acquired.
- Assist in the supervision of contracted labour (construction crews, hydrovac etc).
- Carry out maintenance and planned programs and system inspections in accordance with yearly plan and ensures accurate documentation.
- Assist electrical technicians in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Assist in commissioning new construction for compliance and operating needs.
- Identify and evaluate operating problems and assists in determining long term/short term solutions.
- Perform standby duties, including emergency response.
- Install and use electrical apparatus, including OVR, OCRs, gang switches, fusing.
- Respond to customer service requests, retailer directed activities (connect, disconnect and collection), power quality issues etc. in a complete and timely manner. Investigate, assess and recommend corrective actions to customer complaints.
- Participate and assist in the organization of company sponsored community relations activities.
- Perform safety audits and promotes safe work practices by adhering to safety and environmental standards and regulations, identifying and correcting unsafe working conditions, and participating in safety meetings.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment.
- Promote public safety awareness within the communities, industries etc. through presentations and education.
- Assist in incident investigations (public and internal) as required.
- May lead, coach and mentor apprentices and co-workers, as is required.
- Other duties as assigned, based on operational needs. Duties assigned will be based on employee competencies and training.
- High school diploma.
- Valid Journeyman Powerline Technician Certificate with the ability to acquire an Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Proven experience through a Powerline apprenticeship program. Previous on call and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Valid Class 5 vehicle operator’s license with the ability to acquire a Class 1 or Class 3 Operator’s License.
- A proven safe work record, including diver’s abstract.
- Proven skills in training of apprentices and development of team and individual performance.
- Personal computer experience is an asset.
The successful candidate will be expected to complete stand by duties at pre-determined times throughout the year and, as such, will be required to maintain a residence within the established service point boundary for the Slave Lake Service Point to meet service coverage requirements.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ATCO Electric is part of ATCO Ltd. ATCO delivers inspired solutions for a better world. We are a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics, Utilities, Energy Infrastructure, Retail Energy, Transportation and Commercial Real Estate. Learn more about how we build communities, energize industries and deliver customer-focused solutions like no other company in the world at www.atco.com. ATCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website for more information.
Date Issued: January 12, 2023
This position is administered under the ATCO Electric and Canadian Energy Workers Association Collective Agreement, Job Posting Provisions.
For inquiries please contact Shaun Lyons email@example.com
Job Identification 13896