Valard Construction LP is a premier powerline contractor, serving clients in both public & private sectors. We offer construction services in overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems, substations, fibre optics, as well as substation and transmission foundations.
Valard Construction LP is seeking qualified Journeyman Powerline Technicians for work on various projects across Canada. We are looking for self-motivated, team player, dedicated individuals who are willing to work as part of a dynamic team that provides crucial support to Valard’s projects.
This position is available at various locations across Canada at Valard Construction project sites. This includes Ottawa, Kingston, Peterborough, Barrie, Concord, and Brantford.
This position is project based. Salary will be based on the collective agreement specific to the project location with a minimum base rate of $45.58 to $49.66.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Erect and maintain steel, wood or concrete poles, towers and guy wires
- Install, maintain and repair overhead and underground power lines and cables, insulators, conductors, lightning arrestors, switches, transformers, street lighting and other associated equipment
- Splice, solder and insulate conductors and related wiring to connect power distribution and transmission networks
- Opens and closes switches and installs grounding devices to lines and equipment.
- Working from helicopter to perform conductor/ fibre tie-in activities, hanging insulators and travelers
- Installing and detonating implodes
- Completing high-tension stringing activities
- Instruct, mentor and train junior personnel and Apprentices in duties, safe work practices, care and use of tools and equipment in a positive respectful manner
- All other related duties as assigned by the Foreman or Senior Valard Team member.
- Journeyman Powerline Technician or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years distribution experience
- Class 4 Rubber Glove experience an asset
- Confined Space Certification would be an asset
- Class 5, 1 or 3 driver’s license or equivalent
- Working at Heights Certificate would be considered an asset
- Standard First Aid (CPR/AED) would be an asset
- Positive Attitude and good work ethic
- Have knowledge and expertise in the areas of construction, maintenance, and repair of both distribution and transmission power systems, coupled with the ability to follow instructions and procedures
Valard Construction LP is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and employee benefits for union members through CUSW, all benefits are as per the collective agreement.
These benefits include health and wellness, dental benefits, disability benefits, paramedical services coverage, vision care benefits, life insurance, and RRSP contributions.
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence by applying online directly to www.valard.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information please contact:
10774 – 42 Street SE
Email: email@example.com (Inquiries only, resumes will not be accepted via email)
Languages of work: English